20 Years of Sound + Vision:
Friday May 18, 2018
At The Steel Yard l 27 Sims Ave, Providence, RI 02909
Door open at 7 pm
On Night One, RIPR is proud to join forces with The Steel Yard to open the Art of Rebellion portion of our 20 Years of Sound + Vision experience. With a live iron pour, master glassblower Ian Silvia from Gather Glass, celebrity bartender, John Richard from The Avery, and live music from the one and only Neutral Nation, this night has it all…packaged up in TSY’s industrial arts center. We’ll see you there!
Doors open and it’s on all night!
- The iron pour led by Alaina Mahoney and James Lentz begins
- Ian Silvia and his team from Gather Glass create the Sound + Vision orbs
- Thirsty Productions provides the soundtrack for the first half of your art and foodie experience
- Experience the gastronomical delights of Hometown Poke, Reds Street Kitchen, and Portu-Galo
- Slake your thirst with John Richard from The Avery and try our signature drink, The Mango en Fuego
- Explore the open studios of Steel Yard artists
- Take home a memento and buy a Sound + Vision orb from Gather Glass
- Leave part of you behind and purchase a leaf to be hung permanently on The Giving Tree
The open air night club opens
- Lolita Black ratchets up the heat and kicks off the live music
Saturday, May 19, 2018
Private Cocktail Reception for Sponsors of $500 and above begins at 6 pm
Doors open for Main Event at 7 pm
On Night Two of our birthday party, RIPR is proud to join forces with The WaterFire Arts Center for the Culture of Storytelling portion of our 20 Years of Sound + Vision experience. Featuring the legendary Len Cabral as our Official Storyteller for the evening, we will welcome Rose Weaver, Sokeo Ros, Kanina, and many other extraordinary performers for an evening that celebrates our rich cultural heritage while showcasing the powerful and compelling ways artists and performers bring stories to life.
- Private champagne reception for sponsors of $500 and above with champagne gifted by Bottles
- Hugo Gonzalez and Czesare Santana perform classic and traditional South American music
- African drummer Sidy Maiga performs